APRIL – OCTOBER • 7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS • DIFFICULTY: EASY, 12+ • COMFORT: ★★★★★ • GROUP: MAX 12 • ☎ PERSONAL SUPPORT 24/7
PRIVATE TOUR THE BEST OF ST. PETERSBURG AND NOVGOROD THE GREAT is available as an individual touris and perfectly combined with tour the Best of Moscow and Sergiev Posad. Our experts will help you individualize the tour to your wishes and preferences: more history, luxury events or add evening non-academic entertainment. We are happy to provide at your disposal our experience, professionalism and love for the national heritage of Russia.
– ★ –
All who come to St. Petersburg constantly repeat the word “fantastic”
A RICH EXPERIENCE EXPECT YOU:
- To plunge into the magnificent, splendor of tsarist Russia
- Visit the ancient capital of the pagan period
- Not Trampled Attractions
- Rich excursions with the highly qualified guides
A: On this day you are staying in the cultural capital of Russia in St. Petersburg. You will be met at the airport and made a transfer to the hotel. You will be accommodated in a hotel in the city center, after registering you will have free time for rest. You can walk along the central streets of the city and dine at one of the wonderful restaurants.
( – , – , – )
A: On this day we will begin our study with a magical city on the Neva River. Panoramic tour of the former capital of the Russian Empire will allow you to learn the history of St. Petersburg and be imbued with its splendor. We will enjoy the elegant oblique Vasilievskaya arrows, Nevsky Prospekt, which is the heart of the city, the square of the arts formed by three museums and four theaters, the Palace Square and an impressive Baroque facade.
B: You will appreciate the tranquility of the numerous rivers and canals with their wonderful bridges, domes of churches and cathedrals, among which are St. Isaac’s Cathedral and the Church of the Savior on Blood, which we will visit to enjoy the Byzantine heritage embodied in Orthodox churches. Further you will have free time for lunch.
C: On this day, we will visit the Peter and Paul Fortress – the cradle of the city, May 23, 1703 is the date of the founding of the fortress, which is considered the birthday of the city. Currently, the Russian emperors from Peter I (Great) to Nicholas II are buried here. But we will see not only this, we will go beyond the side of the tourist route – beyond the walls of the fortress to the beach, where the locals like to come and enjoy the stunning views of the Neva River. After a sightseeing tour around the city, you will return to the hotel, where you can relax and take advantage of free time.
EXTRA CHARGE (OPTIONAL): In the evening we highly recommend visiting the folk show “Feel yourself Russian”. Where you can see incendiary and colorful performances of Russian-folk groups in bright national costumes on the stage of the Nikolayevsky Palace. Duration 2 hours, during the intermission serve a choice of a glass of champagne or a glass of vodka with snacks.
(Breakfast, – , – )
A: Today we will plunge into the truth of the royal life. We leave the city and go to the summer residence of Peter the Great 25 km from St. Petersburg. The Tsarskoe Selo (Tsar’s Village) Museum-Reserve served as a resting place for imperial families and holding national festivals, poetry evenings, costumed parties and imperial balls with primordially Russian scope. The magnificent carvings and golden decorations of the Catherine Palace impress even the most refined look. And certainly the royal pearl is the Amber Room, which rightly bears the title of the eighth wonder of the world. We will also enjoy a leisurely walk along the shady avenues, where not only the tsar’s people loved to spend their time, but also artists of high art. Not for nothing Alexander Pushkin – a classic with a world name sang in his verses the magnificence of these places.
B: After the walk, we are waiting for dinner in the royal courtyard, in a traditional Russian restaurant – not a little known for the fact that President Vladimir Putin likes to eat here.
C: We continue our journey through time and the next stop is the Pavlovsk Palace with one of the largest and most parks in Europe. The architect and the landscape of the park are often compared with the muse for the eyes. Pavlovsk Palace itself is one of the few in which the cozy and private atmosphere of the Romanov family has been preserved. After visiting the palace, you can order a carriage harnessed by the Russian breed of horses and ride along the romantic avenues of a beautiful park.
D: On your return to St. Petersburg, you spend your free time in the evening.
EXTRA CHARGE (OPTIONAL): For those who wish to continue acquaintance with the beautiful and sublime art, we recommend that you visit the Mariinsky Opera and Ballet Theater, where world-famous stars perform. And what about the auditorium with its stucco molding, ceiling painting and curtains, not to mention the artists. About tickets, especially ballet, it is better to take care in advance.
(Breakfast, lunch, – )
A: Today we set off on the high-speed train “Lastochka” to Novgorod and in just 3 hours we will arrive in the city, that rightly bears the title “Father of Russian Cities” to which it is customary to apply “Mr. Novgorod the Great”. Such titles are not born from scratch. Novgorod The Great is one of the oldest cities in Russia. It was here that Prince Rurik in 862 AD proclaimed the Russian state. Monuments of the world heritage remained intact until the Mongolian period. This is the only city in Russia that was not captured by the Golden Horde (Mongolian Empire). An ancient settlement that dates back to the Neolithic period (3-4 thousand years BC) was subsequently a major trading center with the Normans (Vikings), the center of literacy and the birth of democracy. In September 1862 in Novgorod the Great, the lush celebrations of the 1000th anniversary of Russian statehood were held, in honor of this event the monument “Millennium of Russia” was opened, which we will certainly see with our own eyes.
B: We will visit not only the old Kremlin and the Hagia Sophia (the oldest church in Russia), but also the Yuryev monastery, and cruise along the Volkhov River.
C: Lunch in the local restaurant and closer to the evening we will return to St. Petersburg.
(Breakfast, – , – )
A: Today we continue the palace line and head for Peterhof, a suburban imperial residence founded by Emperor Peter I in honor of the victory of the Russian State in the Northern War over the Swedes for access to the Baltic Sea.
B: The picturesque palace and park complex is called the Kingdom of Fountains. More than 150 fountains and water cascades adorn the park’s composition. And in the center of the ensemble – a 19-meter fountain “Samson tearing the lion’s mouth,” which symbolizes the victory over the Swedish army.
The unique appearance of the “Russian Versailles” was formed over three centuries – from the laying of the first stone in 1712 to our days, when, after the German occupation, it had to be literally restored from ruins. Palaces, pavilions, statues, alleys and flower beds – everything is full of greatness and reminds of a beautiful bygone era.
C: We will visit the royal palace and stroll through the park that descends to the Gulf of Finland. Back in the city, we will return to the water on a speedboat Meteor. Upon returning you will have free time for a walk, rest and dinner.
EXTRA CHARGE (OPTIONAL): In spare time in the evening, we recommend visiting the museum of Russian vodka. Where you can not only learn about the discovery of this fire water, the culture of drinking, Russian feasts and how much vodka is associated with the historical events taking place in Russia, but also taste the best examples of this crystal-clear drink.
(Breakfast, lunch, – )
A: Tour of St. Petersburg is not completed without the Hermitage. Today we will visit the pride of Russia and one of the best museums in the world. Today the guests of the Hermitage can admire such masterpieces as “Madonna and Child” (“Madonna of Benois”) by Leonardo da Vinci, “Saint Sebastian” by Titian, “Holy Family” by Raphael, “Return of the Prodigal Son” by Rembrandt, “Apostles Peter and Paul” El Greco and many other greatest works of all time. We will not just be ordinary tourists and add a visit to one of the Treasury rooms – a gallery of jewelry. In the treasury of the Hermitage it is very difficult to get entrance tickets because of the large number of people who wish to visit it and limited hours of work.
B: The two expositions present ancient gold objects found in Scythian burial mounds and marvelous in the fineness of the execution of the product created by masters of the Greek cities of the Northern Black Sea region, jewelry monuments of the Middle Ages of Byzantium (the famous Greek gold collection with famous earrings of such fine work that no jeweler could reproduce until present time), Western Europe, Russia and jewelry from the countries of the East, as well as original masterpieces of jewelry art of the 16th – early 20th centuries from the collection of jewelry of the imperial family.
- In the Golden Room are the works of ancient Greek masters, it is here that the great collection of gold of the Scythians, the jewels of the East countries: India, Iran, China, magnificent examples of oriental ceremonial weapons.
- In the Diamond Room you can see ancient gold items from Scythian mounds, masterpieces of jewelry art by masters of Western Europe and Russia, jewelry from collections of members of the Romanov family and private collections of St. Petersburg, monuments of church art, diplomatic gifts to the Russian Tsar’s Court and Faberge’s magnificent products.
C: Further you will have free time for a walk around the Hermitage or around the city, and an excellent end of the tour of St. Petersburg will be an evening pleasant cruise along the river arteries of the city, which are the true streets of St. Petersburg. From the water, the city appears to us completely from the other side of its greatness. In the cool time of the day you will be offered cozy blankets.
(Breakfast, – , – )
In the morning, you will have a transfer to the airport, depending on the time of departure of the plane home. Or you can continue your journey through the vast expanses of Russia. From St. Petersburg it is convenient to get to the capital of the country – Moscow, the “third capital” of Russia – Kazan (in ancient times the capital of the Tatar khanate entering the Mongolian empire) or to Lake Baikal – the diamond of our planet.
See you soon!
(Breakfast, – , – )
EXTRA CHARGE (OPTIONAL): You can extend your stay in St. Petersburg and continue exploring the magnificent surroundings of the city. We highly recommend visiting Kronshtadt.
Kronstadt is translated from German as a city of a crown. Built by Peter I in 1703 as a shield to repel danger from the northern borders of the empire and for a long time served as the main naval base of the Baltic Fleet. It was here that the glory of the Russian navy was born. The fort itself is built on the narrow island of Kotlin in the Gulf of Finland, it is the most remote and unusual of the seven suburbs of St. Petersburg. It was here that the first icebreaker in the world was built. It was in Kronstadt that Popov discovered the effect of reflecting radio waves. In addition to all these worthy titles and awards, Kronstadt simply fascinates with strict canal lines, a majestic maritime cathedral. Free time for lunch. On the way back we will stop at the dam protecting St. Petersburg from regular flooding and see how it works.
|Departure||Silver category||Gold category||Details|
|1.individual group 12 persons||1505$||2050$|
|2.individual group 10 persons||1545$||2090$|
|3.individual group 8 persons||1580$||2145$|
|4.individual group 6 persons||1680$||2225$|
|5.individual group 4 persons||1860$||2405$|
|6.individual group 2 persons||2205$||2865$|
- High-speed train “Lastochka” is a modern and comfortable train that runs between St. Petersburg and Novgorod. The tour package includes an 2nd class ticket, but upon your request for an additional fee, we can include a 1st class ticket;
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 12 people, then ask the price from our expert;
- We are ready to help you buy the tickets; if necessary, leave a comment in your request;
- The sequence of visits to landmarks may vary;
- No hidden fees.
EXTRA CHARGE (OPTIONAL):
- Single accommodation +800 USD/ per person for silver category, +1218 USD/ per person for gold category;
- Folk show “Feel yourself Russian”: from 88 USD to 114 USD/ per person (the cost depends on the number of people in the group);
- The Mariinsky Opera and Ballet Theater. Tickets to the theater are bought at the request of the client, the cost depends on the performance;
- Museum of Russian vodka: from 23 USD to 70 USD/ per person, excursion + classical tasting of Russian vodka with traditional snacks (the cost depends on the number of people in the group). We also offer you a VIP program: excursion + tasting of the historical Russian vodka “Polugar” 4 types (4 glasses for each guest) with Russian pancakes and caviar (red / black). From 92 USD to 221 USD/ per person (the cost depends on the number of people in the group and type of caviar);
- Visit to Kronstadt
• Transport service (comfortable minibus or car)
|Price does not include|
• Tickets to/from St. Petersburg
• When reserving a tour, 30% payment upfront is required
• When canceling a tour reservation for 45 days and later, 100% of the payment is deducted
DAY 01-07 : Accommodation in St. Petersburg:
- Silver category: Excellent hotel in the historic center of St. Petersburg, Boutique hotel Dom 4* (standard, twin /double)
- Gold category: Excellent hotel in the historic center of St. Petersburg, Angleterre hotel 5* (standard, twin /double)
- If on the dates indicated there are no rooms in the declared hotels, then the hotels can be changed to a similar category or higher.
- For an individual tour, you have the opportunity to improve the living conditions; if necessary, leave a comment in your request.
Boutique hotel Dom 4* is a new luxury hotel in a 19th century mansion located in the most emblematic place of the city on Fontanka dike in front of the summer garden. The hotel embodies the atmosphere of an elegant home, combining luxury items, original design elements and works of art. The interiors were created by the masters of the British Office of Architecture and Design Project Orange. It is 40 meters from the Fontanka River embankment and 800 meters from the Church of the Savior on the Blood. A walk to the summer garden takes 3 minutes, and to the metro station “Chernyshevskaya” – 10 minutes. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property.
Classic and elegant rooms with a comfortable and thoughtful interior and modern appliances. The bathroom has an elegant bath and / or a modern shower.
Guests are provided with sets of towels, bathrobes and disposable slippers, hair dryers, natural cosmetics with Dead Sea minerals from the R & R cosmetics line of the English company The White Company.
Guests can dine and have a drink at the boutique hotel’s restaurant or bar, while visiting various cafes and restaurants nearby. The hotel has a library library and a shared lounge with a TV.
Capacity: 60 rooms
Location: In the historic center of the city, on the Fontanka River Embankment
Address: St. Petersburg, Gangutskaya Street, 4
The historic Angleterre hotel 5* is conveniently located next to the magnificent St. Isaac’s Cathedral, a 5-10 minute walk from the Palace Square, the Hermitage and Nevsky Prospekt. An exquisite hotel for the most discerning guests. Thanks to the high level of service, every guest is able to feel the famous person.
Elegant modern rooms in most have an impressive view of St. Isaac’s Cathedral. The hotel “Angleterre” has a gym, sauna, solarium. pool and massage room.
In the chic restaurant “Borsalino” you can taste excellent dishes of authentic Italian cuisine, and in the “Gallery” restaurant – meet with friends and colleagues and relax over a cup of coffee or tea.
Capacity: 192 rooms
Location: Historical center of the city, next to St. Isaac’s Cathedral
Address: St. Petersburg, st. Malaya Morskaya, 24
The transport included in the package tours in St. Petersburg meets international standards and passes an annual certification. To ensure that your magnificent vacation is as comfortable as possible in the cost of the trip is included excellent transport. Professional drivers will ensure safe travel throughout the course. Depending on the number of people in the group, the following vehicles will be offered.
- Up to 17 people – MERCEDES-BENZ SPRINTER / FORD TRANSIT / VOLKSWAGEN CRAFTER
- Up to 6 people – MERCEDES-BENZ VIANO / MERCEDES-BENZ VITO / FORD CUSTOM TOURN
The number of participants in the group is not more than 12 people (but possibly more participants by prior agreement). All excursions are conducted in English, German, French, Spanish other languages on request. Tourists from various countries took part in our tour, such as Holland, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, USA, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, Turkey, Finland, Norway, etc. We are proud to have received an impressive number of special guests – famous world politicians, movie stars and pop stars.
Participation in the tour is not recommended for children under 12 years of age, due to the intense excursion program. But the parents reserve the right of final decision. If you think that your child is emotionally and physically ready for this trip, the tour operator will not mind.
You do not need special physical training. Nevertheless, you must be prepared for an extensive program and small foot movements. Going on a trip, you must really appreciate your health and your abilities.
If you get sick, the management will provide first aid. In case of emergency, we organize professional medical care.
- Late spring. At a time of the year like the end of April and the beginning of May, the temperature in St. Petersburg is a little capricious, rains periodically, and partly cloudy weather. But the spring charm of the city during the flowering of plants and fresh greenery on trees adequately compensate for the vagaries of nature. The average daily temperature is 10 °C. Also an additional bonus, the lack of a high season among tourists.
- End of spring and early summer. In such a period as the end of May – the beginning of June. Not very hot, but not cold. The sun pleasantly warms. The average daily temperature of 15-18 °C This season is most comfortable for long excursions.
- Mid summer. The hottest months are July and August. The daytime temperature can reach 30 °C. A short shower can pass, which perfectly knocks down the city heat and gives a refreshing coolness.
- Autumn season. It starts to get a bit cooler and in the beginning of September the temperature in the daytime is generally not higher than 20 °С. In the middle of the Russians weather gives a gift and comes for a couple of weeks a wave of warm air – “Indian Summer” (in Russia is called “Women’s Summer“). Closer by October and at the beginning of the month, the average temperature fluctuates around 10-12 °C. During this period, the bulk of guests leave the country and you can safely enjoy the beautiful sights and golden foliage of trees.
- Winter months. The coldest period is at the end of January – beginning of February. The average temperature is minus 8-9 °C. The rest of the time, the temperature is quite moderate, which promotes outdoor activities and cozy in warm rooms.
Travelling clothes must be comfortable. Please, take clothes you put on for walking and outdoor activities with you.
- After booking the tour, depending on the month, we will send you a list of minimum recommended clothes and other accessories to take with you. You will have enough time to carefully prepare and pack your luggage. However, do not take too much, leave space for memorable souvenirs that you will buy during the tour.
- Individual medicines in the presence of chronic diseases
- Cash (for souvenirs, meals, souvenirs and entertainments). We recommend you to take cash for 80$ – 100$ per one day. For most of the one-week tours 560$ – 700$ will be more than enough.