April to October • 7 days / 6 nights • Difficulty: easy, 12+ • Comfort : ★★★★★ • Group size: max 10
Prices are valid from April to October 2018, except during the World Cup 2018 (14 June – 15 July 2018).
Tour the Best of Moscow and Sergiev Posad is available as an individual tour and perfectly combined with the tour the Best of St. Petersburg and Novgorod. Our experts will help you individualize the tour to your wishes and preferences: more history, luxury events or add evening non-academic entertainment. We are happy to provide at your disposal our experience, professionalism and love for the national heritage of Russia.
We are ready to help you buy the tickets; if necessary, leave a comment in your request.
A RICH EXPERIENCE EXPECT YOU:
- Learn the multifaceted Russia of different eras
- Plunge into the traditions and culture of the Russian people
- Rich excursions with the highly qualified guides
On this day, you are staying in the capital of Russia in Moscow. You will be met at the airport and made a transfer to the hotel. You will be accommodated in a hotel in the city center, after registering you will have free time for rest. You can walk along the central streets of the city and dine at one of the wonderful restaurants.
( – , – , – )
Today you will have a magnificent panoramic tour of Moscow. You will make a tour of the main and most famous square of the country along the Red Square (which is called “beautiful” from the old Russian language), which became the arena of many important events in Russian history and the history of the Soviet state. Visit the St. Basil’s Cathedral; enjoy the carved facades of GUM.
Then we will go to visit the main cathedral of Russia – the Cathedral of Christ the Savior. According to the idea of the architect, he had to be majestic and colossal, and his glory was to surpass the glory of Peter’s Cathedral in Rome. We will also visit the Sparrow Hills survey site, opposite the main university of the country, founded by the Russian scientist Lomonosov, and has become one of the centers of Russian science and culture. Nowadays, the university is located in one of the seven legendary Stalin skyscrapers, and against it, a broad view of Moscow opens.
After the walk, you will have free time for lunch in one of the city’s wonderful restaurants, after which we will go to the treasury of art in the Tretyakov Gallery. In fact, this gallery is the gold fund of all Russian painting. The collection of the Tretyakov Gallery is priceless; it presents works from the 11th century. You will immerse yourself in the wonderful world of such outstanding masters as Rublev, Vasnetsov, Repin, Vrubel, Aivazovsky, Roerich and many others.
Upon returning to the hotel, you will have free time for dinner and exchange of emotions.
(Breakfast, – , – )
Today we spend most of the day studying the heart of Russian royalty – the Moscow Kremlin. Here is the presidential residence. The oldest square in Moscow called the Cathedral Square. The Assumption Cathedral, the Ivan the Great Belltower, the Archangel Cathedral, the Annunciation Cathedral and the Church of the Twelve Apostles, surrounds this beautiful square. Passing through the territory of the Kremlin, we will see the famous Tsar Bell, a huge bell weighing 200 tons and the largest cannon in the world – 40-ton Royal cannon.
We will visit the Armory Chamber, which stores the treasures of many Moscow tsars. Today, the Armory presents a unique collection: objects of applied art that were represented by Russian tsars by foreign ambassadors, a collection of arms of the 13th-18th centuries, jewelry of the 12th-19th centuries. You can admire the magnificent objects of gold, silver, precious stones, ivory, porcelain, national clothes embroidered with pearls and the famous Easter eggs Faberge.
* Extra charge (Optional): In the evening, we highly recommend you to enjoy dinner and a scenic cruise on a snow-white yacht along the Moscow River. This evening cruise will be an excellent end to a rich day.
(Breakfast, – , – )
In the morning, we have a wonderful walk through the second architectural ensemble of Moscow. We will visit the New Maiden Convent (Novodevichy Convent), one of the most beautiful monasteries in Moscow, today belongs to the Historical Museum. However, the services in the temples are also held. Within its walls, there are many churches, including the Church of the Transfiguration and the Church of the Smolensk Mother of God, which has the most beautiful altar in Moscow. As it is often found in the capital – in one place the historical heritage in the form of a museum part and a spiritual component coexist harmoniously. In addition to all this, it is very pleasant to be on the territory of the monastery, to walk.
There are also several palaces and a beautiful cemetery. Novodevichye cemetery is a special attraction of the monastery, many famous artists, scientists and politicians are buried here; among them Chekhov, Mayakovski, Yesenin, Levitan, Vrubel, Khrushchev, Boris Yeltsin.
After a rest for lunch, we will descend into the underground palaces of Moscow. The stations of the Moscow Metro differ truly in the palace magnificence of the vestibules and underground halls. Underground complexes are richly decorated with statues and reliefs, monumental and decorative compositions (paintings, mosaics, stained glass and murals) of the country’s leading artists. The Soviet government generously sponsored the construction of the subway, as a symbol of the high achievements and progress of the Soviet people.
After we walk along one of the oldest surviving streets of the Russian capital in the Old Arbat street, it has been in history since at least the 15th century – it is a living historical monument. Further, you will have free time for rest and dinner.
(Breakfast, – , – )
This day, perhaps, is the most diametrically opposite. Today we will immerse ourselves in the second bright historical epoch of Russia. First, we will visit the former secret military object of the USSR – an underground bunker built during the period of nuclear confrontation, in the fifties of the last century. It is a unique museum, its area is 7000 sq.m. and a depth of 65 m. During the visit, you will learn many interesting things about the life of Soviet citizens in the 50-60’s, about the Cold War and how close a nuclear catastrophe was. You will also be shown secret tunnels, engineering systems, weapons and communications equipment of the USSR. The culmination will be unique special effects in the modelling of a nuclear bomb explosion, which will make an indelible impression on you. (Children under 16 years of age are not allowed to enter).
After returning from the past of the USSR, we are heading for a bright fairy tale in the style of medieval Russian architecture. Izmaylovo Kremlin is a bright representative of the 17th century. In the cultural and entertainment complex there is the temple of St. Nicholas, about 46 m high with an observation deck, the Palace of the Russian meal, made as a copy of the royal chambers, where they offer to try Old Russian dishes. Inside the fortress walls are many places where you can taste shashlik (Russian B-B-Q), pancakes, pies, cold and hot beer or kvass (a traditional Russian bread beverage). We will also visit the Russian Vodka Museum on the territory of the complex, where you can not only learn about the discovery of this firewater, the culture of drinking, Russian feasts but also taste the best examples of this drink. Further, you will have the opportunity to stroll through the fair with traditionally Russian goods and the flea market.
For those who want to enjoy the seclusion, you can stroll along the beautiful park that stretches along a picturesque lake near the Izmailovo Kremlin.
Upon your return to the hotel, you have free time for rest and dinner.
(Breakfast, – , – )
Today we will get out of the metropolis into the provincial town of Sergiev Posad. This is the only city situated near Moscow that is part of the Golden Ring of Russia. We will visit the centre of Russian pilgrimage to the Trinity-Sergius Lavra. The Lavra was founded in 1337 and, as it is often called, the “Russian Vatican”, is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The architectural ensemble of the monastery includes cathedrals, churches, and the residence of the patriarch and other monuments of exceptional artistic value. The Trinity Cathedral is a real masterpiece and a fine example of early Moscow architecture.
After the walk, you will be offered a dinner in one of the provincial restaurants in the Russian style. Upon arrival in Moscow, you will have free time to stroll around the favorites places in Moscow. Moreover, an excellent end to the Moscow vacation will be a farewell dinner with your guide.
(Breakfast, – , – )
In the morning, you will have a transfer to the airport, depending on the time of departure of the plane home. Or you can continue your journey through the vast expanses of Russia. From Moscow it is convenient to get to the cultural capital of the country – St. Petersburg, the “third capital” of Russia – Kazan (in ancient times the capital of the Tatar khanate entering the Mongolian empire) or to Lake Baikal – the diamond of our planet.
See you soon!
(Breakfast, – , – )
|Departure||Silver category||Gold category||Details|
|1.individual group 12 persons||1415$||2005$|
|2.individual group 10 persons||1480$||2070$|
|3.individual group 8 persons||1545$||2120$|
|4.individual group 6 persons||1630$||2205$|
|5.individual group 4 persons||1795$||2385$|
|6.individual group 2 persons||2130$||2720$|
- Single accommodation +893$ per person for silver category, +1418$ per person for gold category.
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 12 people, then ask the price from our expert.
• Transport service (comfortable minibus or car)
|Price does not include|
• Tickets to/from Moscow
EXTRA CHARGE (OPTIONAL):
- Dinner cruise along Moscow River: main hall – 95$ / per person; royal class – 100$ / per person; first class – 116$ / per person.
• When reserving a tour, 30% payment upfront is required
• When canceling a tour reservation for 45 days and later, 100% of the payment is deducted
Day 1-7 • Accommodation in Moscow:
- Silver category: Excellent hotel in the center of Moscow, Hotel Golden Ring 4* (standard, twin /double)
- Gold category: Excellent hotel in the historic center of Moscow, Hotel Metropol 5* (standard, twin /double)
- If on the dates indicated there are no rooms in the declared hotels, then the hotels can be changed to a similar category or higher.
- For an individual tour, you have the opportunity to improve the living conditions; if necessary, leave a comment in your request.
Hotel Golden Ring 5* is located in the center of cultural and business life of Moscow, in front of the famous Stalinist high-rise buildings of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia and the historic Old Arbat Street, close to the Smolenskaya metro station.
The interiors of the rooms are made by Italian and Swiss designers in the style of elegant classics. The rooms are equipped with everything needed for exceptional service comfortable stay beds with orthopedic mattresses, curtains with full dimming, air conditioning, satellite TV, internet access and Wi-Fi, a horizontal safe, a mini -bar, a charging station for mobile devices, organic cosmetics and other modern conveniences.
Every morning, in the luxurious banquet room “Suzdal”, a breakfast buffet with a wide choice of traditional and dietetic dishes is served to the sound of a live harp. The 24-hour Diamond Bar offers a full menu of snacks, hot dishes and drinks. Restaurant “Panorama” and “Winter Garden” with a unique panoramic view of the city, located at 22 and 23 floors, offer the author and Russian cuisine, as well as a wine list.
The hotel has a fitness room with personal training with a trainer, sauna, steam room, all types of massages, spa treatments. The gym and sauna are free.
Capacity: 293 rooms
Location: City Center
Address: Moscow, st. Smolenskaya, 5
The historic Metropol Hotel 5* is an architectural monument of federal importance. The hotel was built in 1830 and played an important role in the unique shape Theater Square and Revolution Square, located in the historical center of Moscow, a few minutes walk from the Bolshoi Theater, the Kremlin and the centers historical commercial GUM and TSUM.
All rooms with large windows, chandeliers and antique ornaments are decorated in Art Nouveau style. All rooms have air conditioning and a flat-screen TV. Bathrobes, free toiletries and slippers are provided.
The Metropol Restaurant offers a rich breakfast buffet and European cuisine. Drinks and snacks are available at the elegant “Chaliapine” bar. Among the amenities of the hotel “Metropol” sauna, massage room, beauty salon, swimming pool and gym.
Capacity: 394 rooms
Location: historical center of Moscow, opposite the Bolshoi Theater
Address: Moscow, Teatralny passage, 2
The transport included in the package tours in Moscow meets international standards and passes an annual certification. To ensure that your magnificent vacation is as comfortable as possible in the cost of the trip is included excellent transport. Professional drivers will ensure safe travel throughout the course. Depending on the number of people in the group, the following vehicles will be offered.
- Up to 17 people – MERCEDES-BENZ SPRINTER / FORD TRANSIT / VOLKSWAGEN CRAFTER
- Up to 6 people – MERCEDES-BENZ VIANO / MERCEDES-BENZ VITO / FORD CUSTOM TOURN
The number of participants in the group is not more than 12 people (but possibly more participants by prior agreement). All excursions are conducted in English, German, French, Spanish other languages on request. Tourists from various countries took part in our tour, such as Holland, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, USA, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, Turkey, Finland, Norway, etc. We are proud to have received an impressive number of special guests – famous world politicians, movie stars and pop stars.
Participation in the tour is not recommended for children under 12 years of age, due to the intense excursion program. But the parents reserve the right of final decision. If you think that your child is emotionally and physically ready for this trip, the tour operator will not mind.
You do not need special physical training. Nevertheless, you must be prepared for an extensive program and small foot movements. Going on a trip, you must really appreciate your health and your abilities.
If you get sick, the management will provide first aid. In case of emergency, we organize professional medical care.
- Late spring. At a time of the year like the end of April and the beginning of May, the temperature in St. Petersburg is a little capricious, rains periodically, and partly cloudy weather. But the spring charm of the city during the flowering of plants and fresh greenery on trees adequately compensate for the vagaries of nature. The average daily temperature is 15 °C. Also an additional bonus, the lack of a high season among tourists.
- End of spring and early summer. In such a period as the end of May – the beginning of June. Not very hot, but not cold. The sun pleasantly warms. The average daily temperature of 18-20 °C This season is most comfortable for long excursions.
- Mid summer. The hottest months are July and August. The daytime temperature can reach 33 °C. A short shower can pass, which perfectly knocks down the city heat and gives a refreshing coolness.
- Autumn season. It starts to get a bit cooler and in the beginning of September the temperature in the daytime is generally not higher than 23 °С. In the middle of the Russians weather gives a gift and comes for a couple of weeks a wave of warm air – “Indian Summer” (in Russia is called “Women’s Summer“). Closer by October and at the beginning of the month, the average temperature fluctuates around 10-12 °C. During this period, the bulk of guests leave the country and you can safely enjoy the beautiful sights and golden foliage of trees.
- Winter months. The coldest period is at the end of January – beginning of February. The average temperature is minus 10-18 °C. The rest of the time, the temperature is quite moderate, which promotes outdoor activities and cozy in warm rooms.
Travelling clothes must be comfortable. Please, take clothes you put on for walking and outdoor activities with you.
- After booking the tour, depending on the month, we will send you a list of minimum recommended clothes and other accessories to take with you. You will have enough time to carefully prepare and pack your luggage. However, do not take too much, leave space for memorable souvenirs that you will buy during the tour.
- Individual medicines in the presence of chronic diseases
- Cash (for souvenirs, meals, souvenirs and entertainments). We recommend you to take cash for 80$ – 100$ per one day. For most of the one-week tours 560$ – 700$ will be more than enough.