ALL SEASONS • 6 HOURS • DIFFICULTY: EASY, 8+ • COMFORT: ★★★★★ • GROUP: MAX 12 • ☎ PERSONAL SUPPORT 24/7
A CULTURAL TOUR IN THE ERA OF MEDIEVAL RUS in Moscow will be interesting for those who want to see not only classic tourist routes, but also fascinating, expanding vision of the sights. The tour includes a visit to the boyar house in Moscow of the Tsarist-Imperial Romanov dynasty, the historic restaurant with old Russian cuisine and the wooden royal palace in Kolomenskoye Park, which Muscovites consider the eighth wonder of the world.
– ♛ –
Understand in 1 day how the Russian tsars lived, how they enjoyed themselves and what they ate
01: HOTEL PICK-UP Your guide and transport will arrive at the hotel at the appointed time or at any place convenient for you.
02: CHAMBERS OF THE ROMANOV BOYARS 1,5 hour [tickets included] are the Museum of the Moscow nobility in 16th-17th centuries. The only House-Museum, where the Patriarchal life of the aristocracy of the pre-Petrine era. Here, in the old boyar manor, in 1596, Mikhail Fedorovich Romanov was born – the pioneer of the new royal dynasty, which ruled just over 300 years. Exactly recreated interiors of medieval times make the museum a unique and one of a kind. It is one of the best museums in the world (as recognized by the European International Forum in 1998).
The museum collections contain household items of those years, ancient weapons, and the decoration of the rooms are filled with authentic old objects, which certainly completely immerses you in Moscow of the 16th century.
03: LUNCH IN THE HISTORIC RESTAURANT “GODUNOV” 1,5 hour [not included] The restaurant is located in the old refectory of the 17th century. One-to-one wall painting imitates the decoration of the boyars’ chambers of the Moscow principality. Visitors of the restaurant get into magnificent, truly royal mansions: gilded ceilings, decorated with impeccable ornaments, real oak tables and armchairs. The restaurant has a large selection of Russian dishes according to vintage recipes for every taste.
04: TSAR PALACE IN KOLOMENSKOYE 2 hours [tickets included] After lunch, we will go outside the city center to the Kolomenskoye Museum-Reserve, where the wooden palace, which served as the hunting residence of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich (Alexis I), is located. This historical and artistic reconstruction of the palace of the 17th century was recreated in 2010 with scientific accuracy and historical authenticity, and is a monument of wooden architecture. Historical interiors painstakingly recreated fantastically richly decorated: gilt doors and sculptures; wall and ceiling paintings – all this creates a festive feeling, which is akin to a wonderful fairy tale. A total of 24 interiors have been recreated, such as ceremonial halls for ceremonial receptions and holidays, private chambers and the Sovereign’s mansion (10 rooms), a Grand Duchess and a prince. In the dining room there is a multimedia exhibition that revived the royal tableful with all the participants of the feast, which will immerse you in the atmosphere of the royal meal.
05: OTEL DROP-OFF Upon completion of the tour, we will return you to your hotel or any other place as you wish.
|Departure||On foot and by subway||Details|
|1.Group 12 pax||53$|
|2.Group 10 pax||60$|
|3.Group 8 pax||72$|
|4.Group 6 pax||90$|
|5.Group 4 pax||128$|
|6.Group 2 pax||241$|
- On Monday, the Tsar Palace in Kolomenskoye is closed;
- Lunch at the Godunov Restaurant is a recommendation only. At your request, lunch can be in any other restaurant, cafe or canceled;
- In this day tour it is more convenient to move around the city on foot and by subway, but if you prefer by car, then ask the price from our expert;
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 12 people, then ask the price from our expert;
- No hidden fees.
• English, German, French, Spanish individual speaking guide services
|Price does not include|
• Lunch at the Godunov Restaurant
• When reserving a tour, 30% payment upfront is required
• When canceling a tour reservation for 45 days and later, 100% of the payment is deducted
The number of participants in the group is not more than 12 people (but possibly more participants by prior agreement). All excursions are conducted in English, German, French, Spanish other languages on request. Tourists from various countries took part in our tour, such as Holland, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, USA, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, Turkey, Finland, Norway, etc. We are proud to have received an impressive number of special guests – famous world politicians, movie stars and pop stars.
Participation in the tour is not recommended for children under 8 years of age, due to the intense excursion program. But the parents reserve the right of final decision. If you think that your child is emotionally and physically ready for this trip, the tour operator will not mind.
You do not need special physical training. Nevertheless, you must be prepared for an extensive program and small foot movements. Going on a trip, you must really appreciate your health and your abilities.
If you get sick, the management will provide first aid. In case of emergency, we organize professional medical care.
- Late spring. At a time of the year like the end of April and the beginning of May, the temperature in St. Petersburg is a little capricious, rains periodically, and partly cloudy weather. But the spring charm of the city during the flowering of plants and fresh greenery on trees adequately compensate for the vagaries of nature. The average daily temperature is 15 °C. Also an additional bonus, the lack of a high season among tourists.
- End of spring and early summer. In such a period as the end of May – the beginning of June. Not very hot, but not cold. The sun pleasantly warms. The average daily temperature of 18-20 °C This season is most comfortable for long excursions.
- Mid summer. The hottest months are July and August. The daytime temperature can reach 33 °C. A short shower can pass, which perfectly knocks down the city heat and gives a refreshing coolness.
- Autumn season. It starts to get a bit cooler and in the beginning of September the temperature in the daytime is generally not higher than 23 °С. In the middle of the Russians weather gives a gift and comes for a couple of weeks a wave of warm air – “Indian Summer” (in Russia is called “Women’s Summer“). Closer by October and at the beginning of the month, the average temperature fluctuates around 10-12 °C. During this period, the bulk of guests leave the country and you can safely enjoy the beautiful sights and golden foliage of trees.
- Winter months. The coldest period is at the end of January – beginning of February. The average temperature is minus 10-18 °C. The rest of the time, the temperature is quite moderate, which promotes outdoor activities and cozy in warm rooms.
- Travelling clothes must be comfortable. Please, take clothes you put on for walking and outdoor activities with you.
- Individual medicines in the presence of chronic diseases
- Cash (for souvenirs, meals and entertainments).