ALL SEASONS • 5 HOURS • DIFFICULTY: EASY, 8+ • COMFORT: ★★★★★ • GROUP: MAX 12 • ☎ PERSONAL SUPPORT 24/7
A TOUR OF THE TEMPLES AND MONASTERIES will interest lovers of ancient architecture, history and religious art. Through the surviving Russian shrines, we will learn about the bright times, as well as the darkest events in the history of Russia.
– ★ –
Travel back in time 500 years ago with a personal guide and a confortable car
01: HOTEL PICK-UP Your guide and transport will arrive at the hotel at the appointed time or at any place convenient for you.
02: THE CATHEDRAL OF CHRIST THE SAVIOR 45 minutes [tickets included] is the main Cathedral in Russia, built in thanksgiving to God for helping to win the war with the Napoleonic army (Patriotic War of 1812). The temple impresses any person who managed to see it with his own eyes.
The Moscow temple became a reflection of the complex processes in the Russian architecture of the 19th century, when internationalism classicism was replaced by the period of historicism (eclecticism). We learn in detail the history of building one of the most expensive and notorious churches in Russia (the total cost in 1883 was 15 million rubles, which approximately equal to 533 million USD in 2012), for which the world’s best architects participated in the competition and artificially connected the rivers.
03: THE NOVODEVICHY CONVENT (female) 1,5 hour [tickets included] is one of the most beautiful monasteries in Moscow (established in 1524), today it belongs to the Historical Museum. But the services in the temples are also held. As it can often be found in the capital – in one place the historical heritage harmoniously coexists (protected by UNESKO) in the form of a museum part and a spiritual component. In addition to all this, it is just very pleasant to be on the territory of the monastery, to stroll and contemplate.
We will enjoy the magnificent ensemble of the monastery in the style of Moscow baroque and a rare museum collection. The collection includes Old Russian paintings, icons, fabrics of the 16th — 20th centuries, articles made of precious metals and stones, handwritten and old printed books, as well as the richest sacristy of the monastery (supplementary icons, liturgical objects and vestments). In the Smolensk Cathedral, preserved valuable mural painting of the 16th century and a magnificent carved iconostasis with icons of famous royal masters.
04: TIME FOR REST AND LUNCH [not included] In our tour, we have appropriately foreseen the time for a hearty lunch with national cuisine, so you can relax a little and share your impressions with your friends.
05: DONSKOY MONASTERY (male) 1,5 hour [tickets included] – was founded in 7099 according to the Old Slavic calendar (1591) in honor of the victory over the army of the Crimean Tatar Khan, superior in number. According to the church legend, the Tatar horde fled before the battle, abandoning their marching property, and all because the strongly religious Tsar Fedor Ioanovich conducted a religious procession with the Don icon of the Mother of God (14th century, invariably accompanying the military campaigns of the Russian tsars). In gratitude for the prayer heard, the tsar founded the Donskoy Monastery, where they placed the intercessor icon.
This is the last monastery whose construction has closed the southern defensive belt of Moscow from the attack of the steppe nomads. Monks and priests successfully defended the city from invaders in 1812 and during World War II, in memory of this, military equipment remained in the monastery. We have to walk through the old linden alleys, visit the towers, bell tower, temples and viewing platform. A special place is occupied by the necropolis, where prominent figures of Russia rest. In addition, the territory is the so-called “cemetery of churches.” The remains of churches and temples were brought here after their destruction by the new Soviet government.
06: OTEL DROP-OFF Upon completion of the tour, we will return you to your hotel or any other place as you wish.
|Departure||By transport||On foot and by subway||Details|
|1.Group 12 pax||52$||48$|
|2.Group 10 pax||60$||52$|
|3.Group 8 pax||72$||62$|
|4.Group 6 pax||85$||71$|
|5.Group 4 pax||124$||100$|
|6.Group 2 pax||223$||185$|
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 12 people, then ask the price from our expert;
- The sequence of visits to landmarks may vary;
- No hidden fees.
• Comfortable transport services or subway ride
|Price does not include|
• When reserving a tour, 30% payment upfront is required
• When canceling a tour reservation for 45 days and later, 100% of the payment is deducted
The transport included in the tours in Moscow meets international standards and passes an annual certification. To ensure that your magnificent vacation is as comfortable as possible in the cost of the trip is included excellent transport. Professional drivers will ensure safe travel throughout the course. Depending on the number of people in the group, the following vehicles will be offered.
- Up to 17 people – MERCEDES-BENZ SPRINTER / FORD TRANSIT / VOLKSWAGEN CRAFTER
- Up to 6 people – MERCEDES-BENZ VIANO / MERCEDES-BENZ VITO / FORD CUSTOM TOURNEO
The number of participants in the group is not more than 12 people (but possibly more participants by prior agreement). All excursions are conducted in English, German, French, Spanish other languages on request. Tourists from various countries took part in our tour, such as Holland, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, USA, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, Turkey, Finland, Norway, etc. We are proud to have received an impressive number of special guests – famous world politicians, movie stars and pop stars.
Participation in the tour is not recommended for children under 8 years of age, due to the intense excursion program. But the parents reserve the right of final decision. If you think that your child is emotionally and physically ready for this trip, the tour operator will not mind.
You do not need special physical training. Nevertheless, you must be prepared for an extensive program and small foot movements. Going on a trip, you must really appreciate your health and your abilities.
If you get sick, the management will provide first aid. In case of emergency, we organize professional medical care.
- Late spring. At a time of the year like the end of April and the beginning of May, the temperature in St. Petersburg is a little capricious, rains periodically, and partly cloudy weather. But the spring charm of the city during the flowering of plants and fresh greenery on trees adequately compensate for the vagaries of nature. The average daily temperature is 15 °C. Also an additional bonus, the lack of a high season among tourists.
- End of spring and early summer. In such a period as the end of May – the beginning of June. Not very hot, but not cold. The sun pleasantly warms. The average daily temperature of 18-20 °C This season is most comfortable for long excursions.
- Mid summer. The hottest months are July and August. The daytime temperature can reach 33 °C. A short shower can pass, which perfectly knocks down the city heat and gives a refreshing coolness.
- Autumn season. It starts to get a bit cooler and in the beginning of September the temperature in the daytime is generally not higher than 23 °С. In the middle of the Russians weather gives a gift and comes for a couple of weeks a wave of warm air – “Indian Summer” (in Russia is called “Women’s Summer“). Closer by October and at the beginning of the month, the average temperature fluctuates around 10-12 °C. During this period, the bulk of guests leave the country and you can safely enjoy the beautiful sights and golden foliage of trees.
- Winter months. The coldest period is at the end of January – beginning of February. The average temperature is minus 10-18 °C. The rest of the time, the temperature is quite moderate, which promotes outdoor activities and cozy in warm rooms.
- Travelling clothes must be comfortable. Please, take clothes you put on for walking and outdoor activities with you.
- Individual medicines in the presence of chronic diseases
- Cash (for souvenirs, meals and entertainments).