ALL SEASONS • 7-8 HOURS • DIFFICULTY: EASY, 16+ • COMFORT: ★★★★☆ • GROUP: MAX 12 • ☎ PERSONAL SUPPORT 24/7
THE MILITARY TOUR IN MOSCOW takes place in an interactive format and includes a visit to the declassified nuclear bunker in 2006, which is currently a cold war museum, Victory Park, as well as a visit to the Central Museum of the Great Patriotic War. This tour will be of interest to all Russian guests interested in world history and military battles.
– ★ –
You literally feel with your skin the war and the universal joy of victory
01: HOTEL PICK-UP Your guide will arrive at the hotel at the appointed time or at any place convenient for you.
02: “BUNKER-42” COLD WAR MUSEUM 2 hours [tickets included] The first anti-nuclear bunker of the post-Soviet space is open to the public. Built in the 50s, a depth of 65 meters, an area of 7000 square meters. This structure is a destructive consciousness and in many respects surpasses the engineering technologies of this decades-old era. You will learn the history of the nuclear confrontation between the two powers – the Soviet Union and the United States – descend into the bunker blocks at a depth of 65 meters. Find out how the design of the bunker is protected against the damaging factors of a nuclear explosion. You will see amazing engineering structures and feel that you are part of this large-scale object. You will have a unique opportunity to consider the only exact replica of the first Soviet-size, RDS-1, real-life atomic bomb, which was manufactured in the early 1950s and becomes a direct participant in the imitation of a nuclear bomb and a nuclear missile launch. This will help to feel how close the world was to the third world nuclear war.
03: THE MEMORIAL PARK VICTORY 0,5 hour [the entrance is free] In 1942, it was proposed to erect a monument in honor of the liberation of the Russian Empire from the invasion of Napoleon in 1812, but in wartime it was not possible to carry out the planned project. And it was only opened in 1995 in honor of the 50th anniversary of the victory of the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945). The main alley is decorated with 225 fountains – the number of weeks that lasted the war. In the center of the park is a stela with a height of 141.8 meters. At the top is a statue of the goddess Nike. At the foot of the obelisk is a sculpture of Saint George victorious, holding a snake. A particle is stored in the St. George’s Temple. In total, there are 13 memorials in the park, including three churches of different denominations, symbolizing the multinational army of liberators: An Orthodox church, a mosque, a synagogue and a monument to the states members of the anti-Hitler coalition.
A copy of the Arc of Triumph, built from 1829 to 1834 in honor of the liberation of the Russian Empire from the invasion of Napoleon dismantled in 1936, was recreated in Moscow on Kutuzov Avenue, near the park.
04: TIME FOR REST AND LUNCH [not included] In our tour, we have appropriately foreseen the time for a hearty lunch with national cuisine, so you can relax a little and share your impressions with your friends.
05: CENTRAL MUSEUM OF THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR OF 1941-1945, 2-3 hours [tickets included] This is the main component of the Victory Park Memorial. On 4 floors, illuminated exhibitions tell the story of the war and the victory. In the museum’s collection are rare trophies and unique exhibitions. Among them – rare planes including one in flight – the U-2, the best tank of the Second World War, the T-34. The museum conducts permanent research activities and cooperates with the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
A: We will visit the pearl of the museum – the only diorama complex in the world telling about the main battles in the Great Patriotic War:
• “Counter-offensive of the Soviet troops near Moscow in December 1941”
• “Battle of Stalingrad. Connection fronts “
• “Leningrad blockade”
• “Battle of Kursk”
• “Forcing the Dnieper”
• “Sturm of Berlin”
Features of the exposure – audio, video materials, demonstrating a true chronicle of the war years, rare photographs, cartographic, archival materials. Here, the visible real memory of the past war is present in authentic relics and recreates the physically tangible atmosphere of wartime.
B: Just waiting for us more than 6,000 exhibits, including the original awards and weapons. You will be able to climb the steps of the Reichstag in a three-dimensional historical and artistic panorama “Battle of Berlin. The feat of the flag bearers. And at the end of the tour, view the architectural video projection under the dome of the Hall of Fame. A large-scale light installation tells about the key events of the war years, about the history of the great victory and the great tragedy.
★FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN MILITARY TECHNOLOGY, we have prepared an ALTERNATIVE EXCURSION PROGRAM to museum, 2 hours [tickets included] This is a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the cult military equipment of the Second World War at the exhibition “Motors of War” and in the open area of military equipment. You will get acquainted with the military equipment that flew, swum and traveled in 30s-40s years. The unique collection includes Soviet vehicles, equipment of the allies of the USSR in the anti-Hitler coalition (USA, Great Britain, France), cars of Nazi Germany and its satellites. After that, in the partisan headquarters you immerse yourself in the atmosphere of military life, learn all the secrets of the small arms of the Red Army and take part in the competition in throwing grenades.
06: OTEL DROP-OFF Upon completion of the tour, we will return you to your hotel or any other place as you wish.
|Departure||Joining a group in a bunker||Individual group in the bunker||Details|
|1.Group 12 pax||89$||91$|
|2.Group 10 pax||95$||102$|
|3.Group 8 pax||102$||120$|
|4.Group 6 pax||113$||151$|
|5.Group 4 pax||154$||238$|
|6.Group 2 pax||240$||438$|
- Military interactive tour is presented in TWO PRICE CATEGORIES. The differences are in paragraph 02: “BUNKER-42” COLD WAR MUSEUM. In the proposal “joining a group in a bunker” your group joins a museum group of up to 50 people (international tourists, simultaneous translation), in the offer “individual group in a bunker” the program is conducted only for you;
- In this day tour it is more convenient to move around the city on foot and by subway, but if you prefer by car, then ask the price from our expert;
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 12 people, then ask the price from our expert;
- No hidden fees.
• English, German, French, Spanish individual speaking guide services
|Price does not include|
• When reserving a tour, 30% payment upfront is required
• When canceling a tour reservation for 45 days and later, 100% of the payment is deducted
The number of participants in the group is not more than 12 people (but possibly more participants by prior agreement). All excursions are conducted in English, German, French, Spanish other languages on request. Tourists from various countries took part in our tour, such as Holland, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, USA, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, Turkey, Finland, Norway, etc. We are proud to have received an impressive number of special guests – famous world politicians, movie stars and pop stars.
Participation in the tour is not recommended for children under 8 years of age, due to the intense excursion program. But the parents reserve the right of final decision. If you think that your child is emotionally and physically ready for this trip, the tour operator will not mind.
You do not need special physical training. Nevertheless, you must be prepared for an extensive program and small foot movements. Going on a trip, you must really appreciate your health and your abilities.
If you get sick, the management will provide first aid. In case of emergency, we organize professional medical care.
- Late spring. At a time of the year like the end of April and the beginning of May, the temperature in St. Petersburg is a little capricious, rains periodically, and partly cloudy weather. But the spring charm of the city during the flowering of plants and fresh greenery on trees adequately compensate for the vagaries of nature. The average daily temperature is 15 °C. Also an additional bonus, the lack of a high season among tourists.
- End of spring and early summer. In such a period as the end of May – the beginning of June. Not very hot, but not cold. The sun pleasantly warms. The average daily temperature of 18-20 °C This season is most comfortable for long excursions.
- Mid summer. The hottest months are July and August. The daytime temperature can reach 33 °C. A short shower can pass, which perfectly knocks down the city heat and gives a refreshing coolness.
- Autumn season. It starts to get a bit cooler and in the beginning of September the temperature in the daytime is generally not higher than 23 °С. In the middle of the Russians weather gives a gift and comes for a couple of weeks a wave of warm air – “Indian Summer” (in Russia is called “Women’s Summer“). Closer by October and at the beginning of the month, the average temperature fluctuates around 10-12 °C. During this period, the bulk of guests leave the country and you can safely enjoy the beautiful sights and golden foliage of trees.
- Winter months. The coldest period is at the end of January – beginning of February. The average temperature is minus 10-18 °C. The rest of the time, the temperature is quite moderate, which promotes outdoor activities and cozy in warm rooms.
- Travelling clothes must be comfortable. Please, take clothes you put on for walking and outdoor activities with you.
- Individual medicines in the presence of chronic diseases
- Cash (for souvenirs, meals and entertainments).