ALL SEASONS • 6-8 HOURS • DIFFICULTY: EASY, 8+ • COMFORT: ★★★★☆ • GROUP: MAX 12 • ☎ PERSONAL SUPPORT 24/7
A SOVIET DAY TOUR TO MOSCOW includes visits to important places from the Soviet period: VDNKh, the cosmonautics museum and the Lubyanka district. This truthful tour, built on the contrast between the beautiful and the tragic, will tell you how it was in the days of the Soviet Union.
– ☭ –
Made in the USSR
01: HOTEL PICK-UP Your guide will arrive at the hotel at the appointed time or at any place convenient for you.
02: VDNKh (exhibition of achievements of the national economy) 2 hours [the entrance is free] The exhibition was inaugurated in 1939 and served as a publicity card for victorious socialism. The achievements of the socialist industry have been demonstrated in a complex of many pavilions. Each pavilion represented one of the 16 republics of the USSR or a sector of the national economy. In the center was the pavilion of the Russian Federation and the fountain “Friendship of peoples” with gold sculptures representing their representatives in national costumes. In 1954, the first musical fountain in the world “The Stone Flower” was erected in front of the pavilion of the Ukrainian SSR. The music was written by Dmitry Shostakovich. There are more modern facilities dedicated to space, energy and cybernetics. 49 buildings are recognized as masterpieces of architecture and monuments of cultural heritage.
03: TIME FOR REST AND LUNCH [not included] In our tour, we have appropriately foreseen the time for a hearty lunch with national cuisine, so you can relax a little and share your impressions with your friends.
04: THE MEMORIAL MUSEUM OF COSMONAUTICS 1 hour [tickets included] is located in the basement of the Conquerors of Space monument on Prospect Mira. It was discovered in 1981, on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the first manned flight in Earth orbit. The museum stores the Earth’s first artificial satellite and the real Soyuz spacecraft fused in the dense layers of the atmosphere. Here, you can see a lunar soil sample and lunar rover design, learn how life is taking place on the International Space Station and watch live on the FCC (Flight Control Center) where the ISS is currently located.
05: LUBYANKA DISTRICT 2 hours [tickets included] Walking tour during which we will get acquainted with famous buildings such as:
• The main building of the KGB (FSB) 1920, which has long terrorized ordinary citizens, thanks to many rumors and mystical legends;
• Central Children’s Store 1957, the largest children’s store in Russia, a seven-storey building occupying one hectare. We will visit an atrium with original stained glass windows, an observation platform overlooking the historic part of the city and the museum of Soviet toys from the 50s-80s.;
• The main bookstore “Biblio-Globus” 1957, housed in an eighteenth-century three-storey historic house, has become a literary club-club, a receiver of the best educational traditions, is a Moscow attraction;
• Store “House of Porcelain” 1903, one of the oldest active stores in the city, it presents the best Russian porcelain manufactures of different times, including the Imperial Porcelain Factory, founded by Empress Elizabeth in 1744;
• Museum V.V. Mayakovsky 1937. There are good museums in Moscow, and there is one genius and it is dedicated to the Russian Soviet poet, the largest representative of the socialist avant-garde.
06: OTEL DROP-OFF Upon completion of the tour, we will return you to your hotel or any other place as you wish.
|Departure||On foot and by subway||Details|
|1.Group 12 pax||33$|
|2.Group 10 pax||38$|
|3.Group 8 pax||44$|
|4.Group 6 pax||55$|
|5.Group 4 pax||77$|
|6.Group 2 pax||143$|
- In this day tour it is more convenient to move around the city on foot and by subway, but if you prefer by car, then ask the price from our expert;
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 12 people, then ask the price from our expert;
- The sequence of visits to landmarks may vary;
- No hidden fees.
• English, German, French, Spanish individual speaking guide services
|Price does not include|
• When reserving a tour, 30% payment upfront is required
• When canceling a tour reservation for 45 days and later, 100% of the payment is deducted
The number of participants in the group is not more than 12 people (but possibly more participants by prior agreement). All excursions are conducted in English, German, French, Spanish other languages on request. Tourists from various countries took part in our tour, such as Holland, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, USA, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, Turkey, Finland, Norway, etc. We are proud to have received an impressive number of special guests – famous world politicians, movie stars and pop stars.
Participation in the tour is not recommended for children under 8 years of age, due to the intense excursion program. But the parents reserve the right of final decision. If you think that your child is emotionally and physically ready for this trip, the tour operator will not mind.
You do not need special physical training. Nevertheless, you must be prepared for an extensive program and small foot movements. Going on a trip, you must really appreciate your health and your abilities.
If you get sick, the management will provide first aid. In case of emergency, we organize professional medical care.
- Late spring. At a time of the year like the end of April and the beginning of May, the temperature in St. Petersburg is a little capricious, rains periodically, and partly cloudy weather. But the spring charm of the city during the flowering of plants and fresh greenery on trees adequately compensate for the vagaries of nature. The average daily temperature is 15 °C. Also an additional bonus, the lack of a high season among tourists.
- End of spring and early summer. In such a period as the end of May – the beginning of June. Not very hot, but not cold. The sun pleasantly warms. The average daily temperature of 18-20 °C This season is most comfortable for long excursions.
- Mid summer. The hottest months are July and August. The daytime temperature can reach 33 °C. A short shower can pass, which perfectly knocks down the city heat and gives a refreshing coolness.
- Autumn season. It starts to get a bit cooler and in the beginning of September the temperature in the daytime is generally not higher than 23 °С. In the middle of the Russians weather gives a gift and comes for a couple of weeks a wave of warm air – “Indian Summer” (in Russia is called “Women’s Summer“). Closer by October and at the beginning of the month, the average temperature fluctuates around 10-12 °C. During this period, the bulk of guests leave the country and you can safely enjoy the beautiful sights and golden foliage of trees.
- Winter months. The coldest period is at the end of January – beginning of February. The average temperature is minus 10-18 °C. The rest of the time, the temperature is quite moderate, which promotes outdoor activities and cozy in warm rooms.
- Travelling clothes must be comfortable. Please, take clothes you put on for walking and outdoor activities with you.
- Individual medicines in the presence of chronic diseases
- Cash (for souvenirs, meals and entertainments).