April to October • 9 days / 8 nights • Difficulty: easy, 12+ • Confort: ★★★★★ • Group size: max 12
Prices are valid from April to October 2018, except during the World Cup 2018 (14 June – 15 July 2018).
Classic tour to Moscow and St. Petersburg is available both in small groups and as an individual tour. The high quality of services are guaranteed in any of the options. A group tour in small groups allows you to save money while staying in a comfortable circle of new friends. If you prefer a private tour, then, if necessary, our experts will help you individualize the tour to your wishes and preferences: more history, luxury events or add evening non-academic entertainment. We are happy to provide you with our experience, professionalism and love for the national heritage of Russia.
We are ready to help you buy the tickets; if necessary, leave a comment in your request.
A RICH EXPERIENCE EXPECT YOU:
- Two capitals of Russia for 9 days
- A rich travel program
- The best way to get to know Russia
- Luxury excursions with the highly qualified guides
On this day, you are staying in the capital of Russia in Moscow. You will be met at the airport and made a transfer to the hotel. You will be accommodated in a hotel in the city center, after registering you will have free time for rest. You can walk along the central streets of the city and dine at one of the wonderful restaurants.
( – , – , – )
Today you will have a magnificent panoramic tour of Moscow. You will make a tour of the main and most famous square of the country along the Red Square (which is called “beautiful” from the old Russian language), which became the arena of many important events in Russian history and the history of the Soviet state. Visit the St. Basil’s Cathedral; enjoy the carved facades of GUM.
Then we will go visit the main cathedral of Russia – the Cathedral of Christ the Savior. According to the idea of the architect, he had to be majestic and colossal, and his glory was to surpass the glory of Peter’s Cathedral in Rome. We will also visit the Sparrow Hills survey site, opposite the main university of the country, founded by the Russian scientist Lomonosov, and has become one of the centers of Russian science and culture. Nowadays, the university is located in one of the seven legendary Stalin skyscrapers, and against it, a broad view of Moscow opens.
After the walk, you will have free time for lunch in one of the city’s wonderful restaurants, after which we will go to the treasury of art in the Tretyakov Gallery. In fact, this gallery is the gold fund of all Russian painting. The collection of the Tretyakov Gallery is priceless; it presents works from the 11th century. You will immerse yourself in the wonderful world of such outstanding masters as Rublev, Vasnetsov, Repin, Vrubel, Aivazovsky, Roerich and many others.
Upon returning to the hotel, you will have free time for dinner and exchange of emotions.
(Breakfast, – , – )
Today we spend most of the day studying the heart of Russian royalty – the Moscow Kremlin. Here is the presidential residence. The oldest square in Moscow called the Cathedral Square. The Assumption Cathedral, the Ivan the Great Belltower, the Archangel Cathedral, the Annunciation Cathedral and the Church of the Twelve Apostles, surrounds this beautiful square. Passing through the territory of the Kremlin, we will see the famous Tsar Bell, a huge bell weighing 200 tons and the largest cannon in the world – 40-ton Royal cannon.
We will visit the Armory Chamber, which stores the treasures of many Moscow tsars. Today, the Armory presents a unique collection: objects of applied art that were represented by Russian tsars by foreign ambassadors, a collection of arms of the 13th-18th centuries, jewelry of the 12th-19th centuries. You can admire the magnificent objects of gold, silver, precious stones, ivory, porcelain, national clothes embroidered with pearls and the famous Easter eggs Faberge.
* Extra charge (Optional): In the evening, we highly recommend you to enjoy dinner and a scenic cruise on a snow-white yacht along the Moscow River. This evening cruise will be an excellent end to a rich day.
(Breakfast, – , – )
In the morning, we have a wonderful walk through the second architectural ensemble of Moscow. We will visit the New Maiden Convent (Novodevichy Convent), one of the most beautiful monasteries in Moscow, today belongs to the Historical Museum. However, the services in the temples are also held. Within its walls, there are many churches, including the Church of the Transfiguration and the Church of the Smolensk Mother of God, which has the most beautiful altar in Moscow. As it is often found in the capital – in one place the historical heritage in the form of a museum part and a spiritual component coexist harmoniously. In addition to all this, it is very pleasant to be on the territory of the monastery, to walk.
There are also several palaces and a beautiful cemetery. Novodevichy Cemetery is a special attraction of the monastery, many famous artists, scientists and politicians are buried here; among them Chekhov, Mayakovski, Yesenin, Levitan, Vrubel, Khrushchev, Boris Yeltsin.
After a rest for lunch, we will descend into the underground palaces of Moscow. The stations of the Moscow Metro differ truly in the palace magnificence of the vestibules and underground halls. Underground complexes are richly decorated with statues and reliefs, monumental and decorative compositions (paintings, mosaics, stained glass and murals) of the country’s leading artists. The Soviet government generously sponsored the construction of the subway, as a symbol of the high achievements and progress of the Soviet people.
On this, we are forced to say: “Goodbye” to the capital of Russia – Moscow. But ahead of us is the magnificence of imperial luxury embodied in the city of the first emperor Peter the Great. To do this, we will go by high-speed train from the Leningrad station and after 4 hours, having covered 700 km, we will arrive in St. Petersburg.
(Breakfast, – , – )
On this day we will begin our study with a magical city on the Neva River. Panoramic tour of the former capital of the Russian Empire will allow you to learn the history of St. Petersburg and be imbued with its splendor. We will enjoy the elegant oblique Vasilievskaya arrows, Nevsky Prospekt, which is the heart of the city, the square of the arts formed by three museums and four theaters, the Palace Square and an impressive Baroque facade.
You will appreciate the tranquility of the numerous rivers and canals with their wonderful bridges, domes of churches and cathedrals, among which are St. Isaac’s Cathedral and the Church of the Savior on Blood, which we will visit to enjoy the Byzantine heritage embodied in Orthodox churches. Further you will have free time for lunch.
On this day, we will visit the Peter and Paul Fortress – the cradle of the city, May 23, 1703 is the date of the founding of the fortress, which is considered the birthday of the city. Currently, the Russian emperors from Peter I (Great) to Nicholas II are buried here. But we will see not only this, we will go beyond the side of the tourist route – beyond the walls of the fortress to the beach, where the locals like to come and enjoy the stunning views of the Neva River. After a sightseeing tour around the city, you will return to the hotel, where you can relax and take advantage of free time.
* Extra charge (Optional): In the evening we highly recommend visiting the folk show “Feel yourself Russian”. Where you can see incendiary and colorful performances of Russian-folk groups in bright national costumes on the stage of the Nikolayevsky Palace. Duration 2 hours, during the intermission serve a choice of a glass of champagne or a glass of vodka with snacks.
(Breakfast, – , – )
Today we will visit the pride of Russia and one of the best museums in the world. Today the guests of the Hermitage can admire such masterpieces as “Madonna and Child” (“Madonna of Benois”) by Leonardo da Vinci, “Saint Sebastian” by Titian, “Holy Family” by Raphael, “Return of the Prodigal Son” by Rembrandt, “Apostles Peter and Paul” El Greco and many other greatest works of all time. We will not just be ordinary tourists and add a visit to one of the Treasury rooms – a gallery of jewelry. In the treasury of the Hermitage it is very difficult to get entrance tickets because of the large number of people who wish to visit it and limited hours of work.
The two expositions present ancient gold objects found in Scythian burial mounds and marvelous in the fineness of the execution of the product created by masters of the Greek cities of the Northern Black Sea region, jewelry monuments of the Middle Ages of Byzantium (the famous Greek gold collection with famous earrings of such fine work that no jeweler could reproduce until present time), Western Europe, Russia and jewelry from the countries of the East, as well as original masterpieces of jewelry art of the 16th – early 20th centuries from the collection of jewelry of the imperial family.
In the Golden Room are the works of ancient Greek masters, it is here that the great collection of gold of the Scythians, the jewels of the East countries: India, Iran, China, magnificent examples of oriental ceremonial weapons.
In the Diamond Room you can see ancient gold items from Scythian mounds, masterpieces of jewelry art by masters of Western Europe and Russia, jewelry from collections of members of the Romanov family and private collections of St. Petersburg, monuments of church art, diplomatic gifts to the Russian Tsar’s Court and Faberge’s magnificent products.
Further you will have free time for a walk around the Hermitage or around the city, and an excellent end of the day will be an evening pleasant cruise along the river arteries of the city, which are the true streets of St. Petersburg. From the water, the city appears to us completely from the other side of its greatness. In the cool time of the day you will be offered cozy blankets.
(Breakfast, – , – )
Today we continue the palace line and head for Peterhof, a suburban imperial residence founded by Emperor Peter I in honor of the victory of the Russian State in the Northern War over the Swedes for access to the Baltic Sea.
The picturesque palace and park complex is called the Kingdom of Fountains. More than 150 fountains and water cascades adorn the park’s composition. And in the center of the ensemble – a 19-meter fountain “Samson tearing the lion’s mouth,” which symbolizes the victory over the Swedish army.
The unique appearance of the “Russian Versailles” was formed over three centuries – from the laying of the first stone in 1712 to our days, when, after the German occupation, it had to be literally restored from ruins. Palaces, pavilions, statues, alleys and flower beds – everything is full of greatness and reminds of a beautiful bygone era.
We will visit the royal palace and stroll through the park that descends to the Gulf of Finland. Back in the city, we will return to the water on a speedboat Meteor. Upon returning you will have free time for a walk, rest and dinner.
* Extra charge (Optional): In spare time in the evening, we recommend visiting the museum of Russian vodka. Where you can not only learn about the discovery of this fire water, the culture of drinking, Russian feasts and how much vodka is associated with the historical events taking place in Russia, but also taste the best examples of this crystal-clear drink.
(Breakfast, lunch, – )
Today we will plunge into the truth of the royal life. We leave the outskirts of the city and go to the summer residence of Peter the Great 25 km from St. Petersburg. The Tsarskoe Selo (Tsar’s Village) Museum-Reserve served as a resting place for imperial families and holding national festivals, poetry evenings, costumed parties and imperial balls with primordially Russian scope. The magnificent carvings and golden decorations of the Catherine Palace impress even the most refined look. And certainly the royal pearl is the Amber Room, which rightly bears the title of the eighth wonder of the world. We will also enjoy a leisurely walk along the shady avenues, where not only the tsar’s people loved to spend their time, but also artists of high art. Not for nothing Alexander Pushkin – a classic with a world name sang in his verses the magnificence of these places.
After the walk, we are waiting for dinner in the royal courtyard, in a traditional Russian restaurant – not a little known for the fact that President Vladimir Putin likes to eat here.
We continue our journey through time and the next stop is the Pavlovsk Palace with one of the largest and most parks in Europe. The architect and the landscape of the park are often compared with the muse for the eyes. Pavlovsk Palace itself is one of the few in which the cozy and private atmosphere of the Romanov family has been preserved. After visiting the palace, you can order a carriage harnessed by the Russian breed of horses and ride along the romantic avenues of a beautiful park.
On your return to St. Petersburg, you spend your free time in the evening.
* Extra charge (Optional): For those who wish to continue acquaintance with the beautiful and sublime art, we recommend that you visit the Mariinsky Opera and Ballet Theater, where world-famous stars perform. And what about the auditorium with its stucco molding, ceiling painting and curtains, not to mention the artists. About tickets, especially ballet, it is better to take care in advance.
(Breakfast, lunch, – )
In the morning you will be taken to the airport, depending on the departure of your aircraft. Of course this is a small part of Russian cities, which are the treasures of the country. But we are sure that a huge number of emotions and impressions you are provided for life.
Or you can continue your journey through the vast expanses of Russia: the “third capital” of Russia – Kazan (in ancient times the capital of the Tatar khanate entering the Mongolian empire), the Lake Baikal – the diamond of our planet or go to the study of Old Russia on the Golden Ring of Russia.
See you soon!
(Breakfast, – , – )
|Departure||Silver category||Gold category||Details|
|1.Group tour, May 17 - May 25, 2018||2710$||3455$|
|2.Group tour, August 3 - August 11, 2018||2710$||3455$|
|3.Group tour, September 13 - September 21, 2018||2710$||3455$|
|4.individual group 12 persons||2280$||3020$|
|5.individual group 10 persons||2310$||3080$|
|6.individual group 8 persons||2415$||3170$|
|7.individual group 6 persons||2540$||3285$|
|8.individual group 4 persons||2815$||3570$|
|9.individual group 2 persons||3465$||4200$|
- Single accommodation +1105$ per person for silver category, +1722$ per person for gold category
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 12 people, then ask the price from an expert.
- High-speed train “Sapsan” is a modern and comfortable train that runs between Moscow and St. Petersburg. The tour package includes an economy class ticket, but upon your request for an additional fee, we can include a business class ticket.
• Transport service (comfortable minibus or car)
|Price does not include|
• Tickets to/from Moscow
EXTRA CHARGE (OPTIONAL):
- Dinner cruise along Moscow River: main hall – 95$ / per person; royal class – 100$ / per person; first class – 116$ / per person.
- Folk show “Feel yourself Russian”: from 88$ to 114$ / per person (the cost depends on the number of people in the group).
- The Mariinsky Opera and Ballet Theater. Tickets to the theater are bought at the request of the client, the cost depends on the performance.
- Museum of Russian vodka: from 23$ to 70$ / per person, excursion + classical tasting of Russian vodka with traditional snacks (the cost depends on the number of people in the group). We also offer you a VIP program: excursion + tasting of the historical Russian vodka “Polugar” 4 types (4 glasses for each guest) with Russian pancakes and caviar (red / black). From 92$ to 221$ / per person (the cost depends on the number of people in the group and type of caviar).
• When reserving a tour, 30% payment upfront is required
• When canceling a tour reservation for 45 days and later, 100% of the payment is deducted
Day 1-3 • Accommodation in Moscow:
- Silver category: Excellent hotel in the center of Moscow, Hotel Golden Ring 4* (standard, twin /double)
- Gold category: Excellent hotel in the historic center of Moscow, Hotel Metropol 5* (standard, twin /double)
Day 4-9 • Accommodation in St. Petersburg:
- Silver category: Excellent hotel in the historic center of St. Petersburg, Indigo Hotel 4* (standard, twin /double)
- Gold category: Excellent hotel in the historic center of St. Petersburg, Hotel Domina Prestige 5* (superior, twin /double)
- If on the dates indicated there are no rooms in the declared hotels, then the hotels can be changed to a similar category or higher.
- For an individual tour, you have the opportunity to improve the living conditions; if necessary, leave a comment in your request.
- In the group tour, you have the opportunity for an additional fee to upgrade the category of rooms; if necessary, leave a comment in your request.
Hotel Golden Ring 5* is located in the center of cultural and business life of Moscow, in front of the famous Stalinist high-rise buildings of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia and the historic Old Arbat Street, close to the Smolenskaya metro station.
The interiors of the rooms are made by Italian and Swiss designers in the style of elegant classics. The rooms are equipped with everything needed for exceptional service comfortable stay beds with orthopedic mattresses, curtains with full dimming, air conditioning, satellite TV, internet access and Wi-Fi, a horizontal safe, a mini -bar, a charging station for mobile devices, organic cosmetics and other modern conveniences.
Every morning, in the luxurious banquet room “Suzdal”, a breakfast buffet with a wide choice of traditional and dietetic dishes is served to the sound of a live harp. The 24-hour Diamond Bar offers a full menu of snacks, hot dishes and drinks. Restaurant “Panorama” and “Winter Garden” with a unique panoramic view of the city, located at 22 and 23 floors, offer the author and Russian cuisine, as well as a wine list.
The hotel has a fitness room with personal training with a trainer, sauna, steam room, all types of massages, spa treatments. The gym and sauna are free.
Capacity: 293 rooms
Location: City Center
Address: Moscow, st. Smolenskaya, 5
The historic Metropol Hotel 5* is an architectural monument of federal importance. The hotel was built in 1830 and played an important role in the unique shape Theater Square and Revolution Square, located in the historical center of Moscow, a few minutes walk from the Bolshoi Theater, the Kremlin and the centers historical commercial GUM and TSUM.
All rooms with large windows, chandeliers and antique ornaments are decorated in Art Nouveau style. All rooms have air conditioning and a flat-screen TV. Bathrobes, free toiletries and slippers are provided.
The Metropol Restaurant offers a rich breakfast buffet and European cuisine. Drinks and snacks are available at the elegant “Chaliapine” bar. Among the amenities of the hotel “Metropol” sauna, massage room, beauty salon, swimming pool and gym.
Capacity: 394 rooms
Location: historical center of Moscow, opposite the Bolshoi Theater
Address: Moscow, Teatralny passage, 2
Boutique-hotel Indigo 4* is located in a historical mansion and is close to the most famous sights of St. Petersburg, the spacious Neva and Fontanka docks, the Liteiny Bridge, shining summer garden at 10 minutes walking distance from Nevsky Palace Prospekt Square.
It features a restaurant with European cuisine, 2 bars, a spa, swimming pool, sauna and rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city center.
Rooms feature air conditioning, seating area, satellite TV, iPod docking stations, minibars, and private bathrooms with hairdryers, bathrobes, and complimentary toiletries.
Capacity: 120 rooms
Location: historical center of the city
Address: St. Petersburg, Chaikovsky Street, 17
Upscale Hotel Domina Prestige 5* is located in a quiet location in the historic center of St. Petersburg, on the Moika River. A five-minute walk offers breathtaking views of St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Palace Square, Hermitage, the promenade with views of the Peter and Paul Fortress and the Courland of Vasilevsky Island.
Old property of St. Petersburg from the 18th century, transformed into one of the best hotels because of Italian designer Gianmarco Kavanino (Gianmarco Cavagnino). The bright lobby, light-filled atrium, bright colors in the hotel’s interiors, elegant design facility in the restaurant and bar create an unforgettable atmosphere.
All of the comfortable rooms at the Art Hotel Domina are decorated in an unusual style. Each room has a desk, a safety deposit box and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The bathrooms include slippers and bathrobes.
Arcobaleno Restaurant, which has a separate entrance from the street, serves Italian cuisine as well as fusion-style specialties. Guests can relax in the Nove Cocktail Bar, which hosts parties with live piano music.
Capacity: 109 rooms
Location: historical center of the city, 2 minutes’ walk from St. Isaac’s Cathedral
Address: St. Petersburg, embankment of the Moika River, 99
The transport included in the package tours in Moscow and St. Petersburg meets international standards and passes an annual certification. To ensure that your magnificent vacation is as comfortable as possible in the cost of the trip is included excellent transport. Professional drivers will ensure safe travel throughout the course. Depending on the number of people in the group, the following vehicles will be offered.
- Up to 17 people – MERCEDES-BENZ SPRINTER / FORD TRANSIT / VOLKSWAGEN CRAFTER
- Up to 6 people – MERCEDES-BENZ VIANO / MERCEDES-BENZ VITO / FORD CUSTOM TOURNEO
The number of participants in the group is not more than 12 people (but possibly more participants by prior agreement). All excursions are conducted in English, German, French, Spanish other languages on request. Tourists from various countries took part in our tour, such as Holland, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, USA, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, Turkey, Finland, Norway, etc. We are proud to have received an impressive number of special guests – famous world politicians, movie stars and pop stars.
Participation in the tour is not recommended for children under 12 years of age, due to the intense excursion program. But the parents reserve the right of final decision. If you think that your child is emotionally and physically ready for this trip, the tour operator will not mind.
You do not need special physical training. Nevertheless, you must be prepared for an extensive program and small foot movements. Going on a trip, you must really appreciate your health and your abilities.
If you get sick, the management will provide first aid. In case of emergency, we organize professional medical care.
- Late spring. At a time of the year like the end of April and the beginning of May, the temperature in St. Petersburg is a little capricious, rains periodically, and partly cloudy weather. But the spring charm of the city during the flowering of plants and fresh greenery on trees adequately compensate for the vagaries of nature. The average daily temperature is 15 °C. Also an additional bonus, the lack of a high season among tourists.
- End of spring and early summer. In such a period as the end of May – the beginning of June. Not very hot, but not cold. The sun pleasantly warms. The average daily temperature of 18-20 °C This season is most comfortable for long excursions.
- Mid summer. The hottest months are July and August. The daytime temperature can reach 33 °C. A short shower can pass, which perfectly knocks down the city heat and gives a refreshing coolness.
- Autumn season. It starts to get a bit cooler and in the beginning of September the temperature in the daytime is generally not higher than 23 °С. In the middle of the Russians weather gives a gift and comes for a couple of weeks a wave of warm air – “Indian Summer” (in Russia is called “Women’s Summer“). Closer by October and at the beginning of the month, the average temperature fluctuates around 10-12 °C. During this period, the bulk of guests leave the country and you can safely enjoy the beautiful sights and golden foliage of trees.
- Winter months. The coldest period is at the end of January – beginning of February. The average temperature is minus 10-18 °C. The rest of the time, the temperature is quite moderate, which promotes outdoor activities and cozy in warm rooms.
Travelling clothes must be comfortable. Please, take clothes you put on for walking and outdoor activities with you.
- After booking the tour, depending on the month, we will send you a list of minimum recommended clothes and other accessories to take with you. You will have enough time to carefully prepare and pack your luggage. However, do not take too much, leave space for memorable souvenirs that you will buy during the tour.
- Individual medicines in the presence of chronic diseases
- Cash (for souvenirs, meals and entertainments). We recommend you to take cash for 80$ – 100$ per one day. For most of the one-week tours 560$ – 700$ will be more than enough.