ALL SEASONS • 6 HOURS • DIFFICULTY: EASY, 8+ • COMFORT: ★★★★★ • GROUP: MAX 12 • ☎ PERSONAL SUPPORT 24/7
DAY TOUR IN PETERHOF A trip to St. Petersburg will be incomplete without visiting the suburban residence of the Russian emperors, which is a favorite vacation spot for both locals and tourists from all over the world.
– ★ –
A masterpiece that has no analogues in the world that has reached our time
01: HOTEL PICK-UP Your guide will arrive at the hotel at the appointed time or at any place convenient for you.
02: TRANSFER FROM ST. PETERSBURG TO PETERHOF on a river boat on hydrofoils 30 min. [tickets included] or by car 50 min. [rent included] Peterhof is located on the shores of the Gulf of Finland – just 30 km from St. Petersburg. You can get there both by land and by water. A trip to Peterhof by water transport is the most spectacular option. The route of the high-speed passenger ship on hydrofoils passes through the central water area of the Neva. This is a great opportunity to see the Hermitage, the Peter and Paul Fortress, the Spit of Vasilyevsky Island, the Birzhevoy and Tuchkov Bridges from the water, and in clear weather also Kronstadt with Strelna.
In case you are difficult to carry the trip by water transport, we have provided the possibility of transfer by car.
03: PETERHOF TOUR 4-5 hours [tickets included] Peterhof is a country imperial residence in the environs of St. Petersburg, founded by Peter I. The unique appearance of the “Russian Versailles” was formed over three centuries – from laying the first stone in 1712 to the present day, when after World War II it had to be literally restored from the ruins.
More than 150 fountains and water cascades adorn the park’s composition. Palaces, pavilions, statues, avenues and flower beds. He harbors so many beauties and treasures that a whole day to meet him will not be enough. We will visit the main attractions of the complex: the Upper Garden, the Great Peterhof Palace, which has long been the center of social life. Here holidays, receptions, balls and masquerades were held, to which up to 3000 guests were invited. Without visiting the Lower Park with its many fountains, the impression of Peterhof will be incomplete. The heart of the sights is the Grand Cascade, in which the most famous fountain in the park is located – “Samson tearing the lion’s mouth”. In total in the lower park: 3 waterfall stairs, 64 fountains, 255 sculptures and bas-reliefs on ancient themes – this is the largest fountain structure in the world and the visiting card of Peterhof.
We will also visit the palace telegraph station, which was built during the reign of Alexander II. It is interesting that everyone could send telegrams from this station. Now the old situation has been recreated here, you can see old telegraph devices.
04: TIME FOR REST AND LUNCH [not included] During the tour you will have time for rest and lunch. On the shores of the Gulf of Finland there are several cafes and restaurants for every taste. A royal-style Russian restaurant is located near the main entrance to the upper garden.
05: OTEL DROP-OFF Upon completion of the tour, we will conduct you to your hotel or any other place as you wish.
★IF YOU WANT TO INCREASE YOUR STAY IN PETERHOF, YOU CAN ADDITIONALLY VISIT THE MUSEUMS [not included]:
• Jewels and imperial relics are exhibited in the Museum “Special pantry”.
• In the grottoes of the Grand Cascade, you can walk through the tunnels and see the operation of the power supply system. There is a Museum of fountain business, dedicated to the work of the engineers who created the grand fountain system.
• You can find out how the sovereigns bathed and what they were treated in the Museum of the Bathing Corps – they introduce visitors to the everyday life of the imperial court.
• The Imperial Yachts Museum is located on the shores of the Gulf of Finland. He talks about the history of Peterhof as the summer seaside residence of the Russian emperors. There are photographs, models and decoration of the “floating” palaces – the imperial and grand dukes.
• The Museum of “Czars of Fun” will be interesting both for adults and children – with the help of modern multimedia technologies, they recreate the world of Peter the Great.
|Departure||By car||By boat||Details|
|1.Group 12 pax||76$||92$|
|2.Group 10 pax||82$||96$|
|3.Group 8 pax||92$||102$|
|4.Group 6 pax||104$||112$|
|5.Group 4 pax||135$||145$|
|6.Group 2 pax||198$||210$|
- This tour is valid all year round, except the last Tuesday of the month. Boat transfer available from May 15 to October 15;
- If you are traveling in a group of more than 12 people, then ask the price from our expert;
- If you want to increase your stay in Peterhof (for an additional fee), then ask the price of our expert;
- No hidden fees.
EXTRA CHARGE (OPTIONAL):
- Museum “Special pantry”;
- Museum of fountain business;
- Museum of the Bathing Corps;
- The Imperial Yachts Museum;
- Museum of “Czars of Fun”.
• English, German, French, Spanish individual speaking guide services
|Price does not include|
• When reserving a tour, 30% payment upfront is required
• When canceling a tour reservation for 45 days and later, 100% of the payment is deducted
The number of participants in the group is not more than 12 people (but possibly more participants by prior agreement). All excursions are conducted in English, German, French, Spanish other languages on request. Tourists from various countries took part in our tour, such as Holland, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, USA, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Denmark, Turkey, Finland, Norway, etc. We are proud to have received an impressive number of special guests – famous world politicians, movie stars and pop stars.
Participation in the tour is not recommended for children under 8 years of age, due to the intense excursion program. But the parents reserve the right of final decision. If you think that your child is emotionally and physically ready for this trip, the tour operator will not mind.
You do not need special physical training. Nevertheless, you must be prepared for an extensive program and small foot movements. Going on a trip, you must really appreciate your health and your abilities.
If you get sick, the management will provide first aid. In case of emergency, we organize professional medical care.
- Late spring. At a time of the year like the end of April and the beginning of May, the temperature in St. Petersburg is a little capricious, rains periodically, and partly cloudy weather. But the spring charm of the city during the flowering of plants and fresh greenery on trees adequately compensate for the vagaries of nature. The average daily temperature is 15 °C. Also an additional bonus, the lack of a high season among tourists.
- End of spring and early summer. In such a period as the end of May – the beginning of June. Not very hot, but not cold. The sun pleasantly warms. The average daily temperature of 18-20 °C This season is most comfortable for long excursions.
- Mid summer. The hottest months are July and August. The daytime temperature can reach 33 °C. A short shower can pass, which perfectly knocks down the city heat and gives a refreshing coolness.
- Autumn season. It starts to get a bit cooler and in the beginning of September the temperature in the daytime is generally not higher than 23 °С. In the middle of the Russians weather gives a gift and comes for a couple of weeks a wave of warm air – “Indian Summer” (in Russia is called “Women’s Summer“). Closer by October and at the beginning of the month, the average temperature fluctuates around 10-12 °C. During this period, the bulk of guests leave the country and you can safely enjoy the beautiful sights and golden foliage of trees.
- Winter months. The coldest period is at the end of January – beginning of February. The average temperature is minus 10-18 °C. The rest of the time, the temperature is quite moderate, which promotes outdoor activities and cozy in warm rooms.
- Travelling clothes must be comfortable. Please, take clothes you put on for walking and outdoor activities with you.
- Individual medicines in the presence of chronic diseases
- Cash (for souvenirs, meals and entertainments).